Friday, September 18, 2009

Miami and the ACC

Well KeithM nailed the score within 2 points. Pretty impressive. What wasn't impressive was Georgia Tech. I believe they are now 11-5 under Paul Johnson and based on their last two games I think that loss column is going to swell up a bit more this year. Sure they'll probably still beat the bottom half of the ACC but that'll probably put them barely over 500 and certainly WAY out of bowl contention.

Miami on the other hand... well they look good. I hate to say it because I'm certainly not a fan but I guess it makes it that much more relevant. Last week people were quick to praise Jacory Harris for his effort against FSU but you can't grab my praises after one game against a stumbling team. GaTech is no super defense and I still don't think Harris had to work that hard last night but nonetheless he has shown a very accurate arm and a pretty cool head. He should be thanking his offensive line and his receivers though because he's had all the time in the world to pass and his receivers have been WIDE open 90% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I do think he's good and I think he has the potential to be really really good; I'm just waiting to see how he reacts under pressure. If his O-Line and receivers keep playing like they have the past two games then I may not get to see him under pressure which Miami would be more than happy about.

Miami's next two games are at VTech and home against Oklahoma. Virginia Tech is the only other real competition in the ACC Coastal Division and possibly in the entire ACC (we'll see how Boston College looks against Clemson this week). So next week's matchup will likely determine the ACC Coastal winner. Even if Miami loses to VTech and Oklahoma the rest of their schedule is a cake walk and they'll end the season at 10-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment