Wednesday, September 16, 2009

GT vs. UM - Predictions

SteveB: It’s gonna be all about UM's defense. If they can stop GT’s offense, keep them under 21 points, I think they’ll win. Maybe pull out a 24-21 victory.

KeithM: Yup – I’m not worried about UM’s offense: we can score. But if the D allows GT to grind it out all night, then the offense might not have enough time to do their thing. They key is shutting down Dwyer and getting ahead early which will force them to throw. They can’t throw and both UM & GT know it. I really don’t see a repeat of last year if only because it was so bad last year. UM has had 10 days to prepare, so there are no excuses if they get run over. I think UM wins it going away, but you won’t really see it until the 3rd or 4th Q. 31 – 17 UM.

Stats of the week: UM is 13-2 in Thursday night games, 9-0 at home, and GT has won the last 4 games.

JakeB: This game is hard to predict. I agree that's it all about Miami's D. If they let the option run wild, they don't have a chance. They couldn't stop it last year and the defense certainly didn't look good against FSU. Also, I don't understand GaTech yet. They've blown huge leads in both of their games. It seems like a running team should only get stronger in the second half. I think GaTech has an advantage w/ the option and all they need to do is force one or two turnovers and run the shit out of ball.

SteveB: You make a good point. I didn't see their first game but I saw the game against Clemson. Technically they blew a big lead but their touchdowns were all hokie. It's not like they built up a legitimate lead and then crumbled. They got lucky a few times and then Clemson woke up and started stopping the run. If Clemson didn't have their heads in their butts to start the game they would have won that game easily. And by that token I give the edge to UM.

No comments:

Post a Comment